It feels like I've been traveling a lot recently, which is, probably true. And doing such, especially when you live in the already-struggling-millenial-20s, really takes a toll on your grocery intake. Like, I don't have time to buy groceries because I don't have time to go to the grocery store, because I don't have time for produce that'll last me all of 7 days when I gotta go outta town every couple weeks. So I give you this new blog series, inspired by my Malbec, while I was watching my favorite 90s movie this weekend, wishing + wanting to make my favorite dish but had very little supplies.
1 Small, Donald-Trump-Sized-Fist of Spaghetti Noodles (or Ramen, I guess)
3 Pieces of Bacon
A Shit-Ton of Mozzarella Cheese
(Optional) Just a Lil' Bit of Vinegar
1. Stick a mediumish sized pot with 1/2 of it full of water on the stove on High. Dash in some salt. Don't forget the lid. Wait until it boils and lower the temperature to medium.
2. Throw your noodles in said pot.
3. Throw a smallish sized pot with 1/3 of it full of water on the stove on High. Dash in a tiny bit of vinegar. Don't forget the lid. Wait until it boils and lower the temperature to medium.
4. Cook bacon on a frying pan in the background.
5. First pot's probably done. If unsure, grab a noodle and try throwing it on your fridge to see if it sticks. Continue to throw noodles at your fridge because, lol, you've been drinking wine.
6. Throw some cheese in a bowl.
7. Throw some noodles in the same bowl.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 until you have an adequate noodle-to-cheese ratio.
9. Crack 2 eggs separately into 2 little ramekins. Drop them both into your smaller pot of water that's boilin' (crack on the opposite sides, people), and try to do it quickly so all the egg-white-shit stays together and wraps around the yolk. Don't let it boil very hard and don't let it be on the stove for more than 2 minutes.
10. Microwave the noodle and cheese bowl.
11. Get your poached eggs out of the pot with a slotted spoon and place them into your cheesy noodle bowl. Get a knife and cut the poached eggs so the yolk runs.
12. Break up your bacon into tiny pieces and stir them into your bowl.
13. Dance to this while you shake pepper into your bowl.